It’s time for the Cask Report again – and if you work in a pub, I need to know what you REALLY think about cask ale…
Over the next couple of weeks I’m conducting focus groups with people who work in pubs to find out what you think of cask ale on both a professional and personal level.
If you’re interested in taking part, I need you to travel to a central city location and give us about 90 minutes of your time, for which I can pay you £30.
The point is to be honest. All responses will be anonymised and nobody’s name will get back to their employer. I need to hear what you really think, not what you know you are supposed to say or what you might think I want to hear.
I need to make up quotas of people with different attitudes, and spread my research evenly across different locations.
So if you’re interested, please copy and paste the info below, fill in the answers to what suits you and either leave it as a comment below this post or send it to me privately via my contact form here. I need all parts answered in order to build up a balanced set of groups. I’ll then let you know if I need you asap – it depends on how many responses I get in each place/category.
Thanks in advance for your help!
1. I am in or prepared to travel to ((highlight or delete as applicable):
- Nottingham (Thu 13th June only)
- Edinburgh (w/c 17th June only)
2. I could be available at the following dates and times (highlight or delete as applicable):
- Tues 28th May 11am 1pm 3pm 5pm
- Weds 29th May 11am 1pm 3pm 5pm
- Thurs 30th May 11am 1pm 3pm 5pm
- Fri 31st May 11am 1pm 3pm 5pm
- Thurs 13th June (Notts only) 11am 1pm 3pm 5pm
- Fri 14th June 11am 1pm 3pm 5pm
- Tuesday 18th June (Edinburgh only) 11am 1pm 3pm 5pm
- Wednesday 19th June (Edinburgh only) 11am 1pm 3pm 5pm
3. Which of the following best describes your relationship with/attitude to cask ale? (highlight or delete as applicable):
- “It’s a major part of the business in the pub I work in – it’s something we’re known for and I’m proud of how we keep and serve it.”
- “We stock cask, but it’s not really a core part of our core business and I’m not particularly engaged with it.”
- “The place I work doesn’t really do cask ale and I’m not really bothered about it.”
4. I am (highlight or delete as applicable):
- A freehold licensee
- A leased/tenanted licensee
- A pub manager
- A shift manager
- A member of bar staff